We are very well known to the importance of veggies in our diet. One of them is raw bananas, they are good source of fibre, vitamins and minerals. While we peel, and eat yellow banana, the green banana – in its raw form is eaten cooked, boiled or fried. As we are on holistic diet plan we will not fry it, however we can cook or boil it. Like ripe banana they are loaded with potassium too.
Today we are cooking this simple and yet for nutritious stir fried raw banana recipe. The raw bananas when cooked peeled they become sticky and mashed up together. They are quite similar in as Bhindi or Karela so they require oil for cooking dry banana veggie, hence we are using 2 tablespoons of mustard oil for cooking this recipe.
Let’s start with the cooking procedure following up the ingredients list.
Ingredients List for Raw Banana Dry Veg recipe:
- Raw bananas – 500 gm
- Cumin seeds – ½ tablespoon
- Fennel seeds – ½ tablespoon
- Mustard seeds – ½ tablespoon
- Sesame seeds – 1 tablespoon
- Asafoetida – 1 pinch
- Turmeric – 1/3 tablespoon
- Coriander powder – 1 tablespoon
- Green chillis – 2 finally chopped (optional)
- Ginger and garlic paste
- Mustard Oil – 2 tablespoons
- Garam masala powder – 1 tablespoon
- Dry mango powder – 1 tablespoon
- Fresh coriander leaves – finally chopped half cup
- Wash the raw bananas thoroughly, remove the stems from both ends and let them soak in water for 5 mins.
- Meanwhile heat the wok or frying pan over the stove burner.
- Take out the bananas whiles washing them little more in the same soaked water.
- Cut the bananas with peel to give a taste of crunch to veg.
- Make a straight slit to the bananas to chop them in halves and mark another slit to make another half of it. And cut them into cubes. You can cut them in rounds as well.
- Now add oil to the pan.
- When heated add cumin seeds and before they start to crackle add fennel seeds, mustard seeds.
- Now add asafoetida.
- Keep the flame to lowest before putting other spices.
- Add turmeric, coriander powder, green chillies, ginger garlic paste and sauté spices for a while.
- Now add chopped raw bananas to the pan and mix them up until the spices gets evenly coated.
- Now add ¼ cup of water to bananas and cook covered for 5 – 6 mins on a medium flame.
- Now check and stir the vegetable. Add more water in less portion to it if required. Too much of water make it sticky and won’t taste good.
- Cover and cook for more 4 – 5 mins and check by pressing banana pieces if they are tender.
- Now add dry mango powder and garam masala to the veg.
- Let it cook for 2 more mins and take off from the heat.
- Dry roast sesame seeds.
- Sprinkle roasted sesame seeds over the cooked veggie and also garnish with coriander leaves and serve with chapattis, paranthas or rice.
Raw banana stir fry recipe is easy and instant to cook and this much of quantity is sufficient for 3 – 4 people.
Try it, enjoy it and share it.